Rajma is a good source of protein & carbohydrates. Due to its unique and subtle taste, high fiber content, and color, this Rajma is a favorite of all ages in the hills. Harsil Rajma is off-white in color.
Uttarakhand is home to more than two hundred varieties of Rajma, grown extensively across the
state as a cash crop by marginal farmers. Free from any chemicals or pesticides, Harshil Rajma
derives its name from Harshil- a place near Gangotri and Chakrata which is located north of
Dehradun.The high fiber content also prevents blood sugar levels from rising too rapidly after meals. It is a good choice for individuals with diabetes.
It is rich in minerals. The beans supply a good amount of foliate, phosphorus, magnesium, iron, vitamin C, zinc, manganese, calcium, niacin, etc.If you have Rajma with whole grains such as rice, the Rajma will provide you with fat-free good-quality protein.
BENEFITS OF HARSHIL RAJMA
- Controls blood pressure
- Colon cancer prevention agent
- It aids in weight loss
- It helps in improved blood sugar control
- Fiber helps in lowering cholesterol.
- Zinc helps in building immunity and is good for the skin
- Antioxidant and adds to the glow of the skin.
- Good for diabetes
- Makes bones strong
- Zinc is essential to treat night blindness.
- Magnesium helps in the formation of bones and the metabolism of calcium and potassium.